A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Friday, October 9, 2009

Thankful


When I was a kid, my brother had a heavy metal rock band called The Jury – we used to go see them play live. The venue I remember most clearly was this tiny dive under an elevated train called the Philly Cookbook – I think it was near Conshohocken, but it’s hard to remember now.


They were really good. But now, almost twenty years later, my brother’s music has gone from good to excellent. I can’t describe how sweet it is to be able to go to one of his shows now at a place like the World Café and sit among friends and family listening to how deep, mature and wonderful the music has become.


How sweet it is to be here at all. My brother’s had kind of a long road too.


If you’re reading this and haven’t yet, go check out the John Clarence Band on MySpace… well worth a listening to:


http://www.myspace.com/JohnClarence


So today isn’t about food or weight loss really, just about how glad I am to be here in my thirties, happily married and surrounded by friends and family that I love. How grateful to God for every undeserved blessing, every kindness, and every road.

No comments:

Post a Comment