A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

@!#?$%&

Post Holidays – Weight holding steady at 255 lbs.

I think I may have seriously messed up my back, as in herniated disc messed up. And yes, I know I should go get it treated because I can barely exercise like this – in combo with the burning nerve pain and inability to sense hot or cold on the right side, my legs both feel like lead weights now and I can’t decide which one to drag, Quasimodo style, behind me.

I’m pissed off to be quite frank, I’m hurt because I’m fat and exercising. So what the heck am I supposed to do? If I’m in pain I can’t exercise and then I’ll just stay fat – which is in all probability what’s hurting me. I’d like to point out that my back was perfectly fine prior to when I started kicking my own butt at the gym three to four times per week.

I think I’ll call this the fitness kobayashi maru.

Feh.

2 comments:

  1. Far be it from me to discourage you from exercising, but the fastest way to lose weight is to reduce your calorie intake. Exercise is a terrific way to stay healthy - it has far more benefits than just burning calories - but honestly, people don't really burn all *that* much. If you burned more than 300 calories in a typical workout session, I'd be super surprised.

    So - just because you can't exercise for a while, doesn't mean you're doomed to not lose. Just keep on eating less than you put out, and you'll lose weight.

    I read someplace that in order to maintain one's current weight, you multiply it by 12. That's how many calories will keep you where you are. Eat 500 calories a day less than that, and you'll lose a pound a week. Eat 1000 calories a day less than that, and you'll lose two pounds.

    You can still do it. Honest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for a herniated disk - get thee to a doctor! If it's mild enough, a little time with a physical therapist is all you'll need to learn healthy back exercises to keep you happy and pain free. (This is experience talking. My herniated disk is enough to keep me from walking like a normal person, if left ignored. Plus, my back pain is aggravated by cold weather.)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete