A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Monday, October 18, 2010

Huge Cancellation

Well, the ABC Family TV show “Huge” has officially been cancelled, it will not be returning for a second season and we’ll never find out if its lovable cast of rounded teens achieve their goals.


It was a sweet, cute, funny show – I admit I’m going to miss it.


I also can’t help but notice that another new ABC Family show that premiered at the same time “Pretty Little Liars” was renewed for another season.


Gee… wonder why it was renewed instead of Huge? Couldn’t have had anything to do with the words ‘pretty’ and ‘little’… could it..? Naaah…


I guess people still aren’t interested in watching TV about people who look a bit like the rest of us look. And if the viewing public isn’t ready for shows about heavier folk that entirely focus on the fact that they’re heavy, then they’re certainly not ready to see them simply living out normal lives, are they?


Depressing.

2 comments:

  1. I think that people are more interested in watching shows featuring heavier folk leading dramatized normal lives than shows that focus on them being heavy.

    While I'm not the biggest fan of Roseanne Barr, Roseanne ran for 9 years and was #1 in the Nielsens.

    A show about normal life featuring heavy people is about us; a show about people being heavy makes us feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CBS has a show called "Mike & Molly" that features 2 overweight stars. I don't think it's that great of a show, but I also didn't really like "Huge" I agree with Charles, don't make a show about fat people being fat, make a show about fat people being normal.

    ReplyDelete