A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Status Report: 2 lbs. lost, 72 lbs. total


So I had to adjust my daily calorie goal.

I use the Daily Plate to track my nutrition, and I’ve had my account set up so that it steers me toward losing 2 lbs. per week assuming I stick to the calorie guidelines it provides.  This was giving me a daily calorie goal to aim for of 1,010 calories.

I have no idea why it took me this long to realize that me trying to consume barely more than a thousand calories per day is a very bad idea.

For one thing, it’s just not possible for me.  Unless I’m sick with a cold or the flu I simply do not have the emotional fortitude to be that hungry and deprived all day long.  The end result of this is that I was failing, every single day, to meet my goal.  This was demoralizing.

On top of that, assuming I were capable of hitting such a small number, I don’t think it’s actually healthy for a 5’7” adult female of large Scottish build to eat such a small amount of calories each day.  I don’t know if the Plate’s calculating algorithm is off or what, but everything I’ve ever read has strongly stated that the bare minimum for any average adult female should be no lower than 1,200 calories.

So I re-adjusted my settings to have it guide me toward a 1 & ½ pound loss per week instead, and that gave me a new daily calorie total of 1,330 per day.  Still pretty low, but at least somewhat within my grasp as doable.

In other news, I’m three pounds away from my next set of progress photos.  Looking forward to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment