A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Monday, February 22, 2010

Planning Ahead

Since I generally have the time for it on Sundays I'm planning ahead by making safe, healthy and easily storing foods I will then have handy during the week.

Today I made my Tuscan Tuna Salad (canned tuna, cannelloni beans, scallions, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper). I absolutely love this recipe; it's a great no-mayo alternative to regular tuna salad that has so much wonderful color and flavor. I had to share some of the tuna with Wish - he was giving me cow eyes.

And I also made a new kind of hummus - I tried red beans in it for the first time. Not bad at all; a bit of a bite to it but I like it. Very creamy. My "Eat More - Weigh Less" book has a lower fat recipe for spicy hummus sans olive oil that I'm eager to try out. I'll whip that up next weekend and let you know how it is.

I've also got plenty of leftovers set aside for myself. Some home made pizza, rice, cooked vegetables etc. and so forth.

So far this vegetarian thing isn't too bad. I had french toast for brunch with fruit and a cottage cheese side. I bought myself some fresh brie (I love brie) thinking I'd have that, a few crackers and an apple as an afternoon snack - but found when I got home that I was too busy cooking stuff for the rest of the week to eat it.

Dinner was fajitas... black re-fried beans, Spanish rice, Mexican stir fried vegetables and chicken. Pretty easy for me; I just cooked the chicken separately and skipped eating it (and the rice, but I hate Spanish rice so that was no hardship).

Taking it one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment