A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

*Sigh*

You know how every time you get comfortable with the way Facebook works – it triggers an alarm in some programmer’s office somewhere and they immediately start changing it so that you don’t know how anything works and you have to re learn it’s functions all over again?

The Daily Plate has succumbed to this temptation.

I logged in yesterday and got a message: “We are retiring Classic Plate at the end of this month and switching all users to New Plate etc…”

The new Plate isn’t terrible, in fact parts of it are kind of cool. It now breaks down what you ate by meal; so that you can add items and catalog them as breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, midnight snack, etc. That way you can easily see where most of your calories are going and what areas you need to work on. And the click and drag customizable modules are pretty neat.

However they made the ‘week at a glance’ function where I could see my calorie totals for the past seven days handily located at the bottom of the screen a Gold member function. Basically if I want that part back, I’ll have to pay for it.

Not that the Livestrong Foundation doesn’t deserve to get paid for the nifty service they provide, they certainly do. And considering how heavily I rely on the Plate I should really just suck it up, stop being cheap, and get a membership. It’s about $30.00 / year so… really not that big a deal.

I guess I always just get irritable when I have to re learn something I knew how to use perfectly a few days before. Like many stubborn mammals, I dislike change.

The other reason why this is a *sigh* day is the fact that it’s St. Patrick’s. In my office, this means food. I managed to avoid the Irish Soda Bread yesterday by not being here; but today there are chocolates, Irish potatoes, doughnuts, cookies… well, you get the idea.

I got some good advice this morning though; is it really worth scarfing down that Irish potato when it will only give me pleasure for about five seconds – but wind up as a lump of cellulite on my butt for the next YEAR?

They’re good, but not that good.

P.S. I got some fat free Archer Farms fruit bars from Target in pomegranate flavor because the granola bars I used to snack on are too fatty. BLECH! Like a fruit roll up gone horribly wrong. Avoid these!

No comments:

Post a Comment