A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Status Report: 3 lbs. lost, 36 lbs. total



It’s kind of a letdown the way the weigh-in ladies at my group meeting do their thing. They will not say a peep aloud about your gain or loss, they won’t even smile. Writing down numbers in complete, expressionless silence does tend to make a person think they’ve done poorly. We don’t even get a, “good job!”

Regardless, I did do a good job and took off another three pounds this week, so I’m patting myself on the back!

Since I’m doing a lot of cooking I figured I’d share a creation that I loved this week. Living about an hour from Kennett Square (also known as “The Mushroom Capital of the World”) I have an exotic mushroom dealer at my local farmer’s market who I’ve been purchasing from on a weekly basis. This week I sautéed up a beautiful, bright green pile of mushroomy goodness. See below!

Exotic Mushrooms with Greens
  • ½ lb. exotic mushroom medley (lobster, maitake, shitake, etc.) 
  • Bunch of fresh green beans 
  • Bunch of fresh snow peas 
  • 2 cloves of garlic 
  • 2 tbsp. really good olive oil 
  • 1 tbsp. soy sauce 

Heat the olive oil. Smash and fine chop the garlic and toss it in. Add the beans and peas and sauté around for a while until things begin to lightly cook. Add the mushroom medley and sauté until everything looks tasty and ready to eat. Remove from heat and add the soy sauce, tossing to coat.

Makes about four servings.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on continuing to advance despite the setback! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the loss! That looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete