A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Friday, September 14, 2012

Status Update

Just a short post to let people know that I eeked into a different set of digits on the scale this morning.  *points to weight loss ticker*

I am now officially in the 260's.

Also, predictably, I have hurt my back so I cannot exercise the moment I start doing well.  I wasn't actually even exercising when I did it.  I am now old enough that bending over to clean the bathroom can cause a spontaneous and inexplicable lower back injury.

However, I refuse to let this get me down.  I didn't sleep it off last night like I wanted to, but tomorrow I intend to be all better.

Go snail go!

"Meow"

6 comments:

  1. Yay Carolyn! Except for the back pain. Bad back. No biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My back is a bit better now (a week later). I REFUSED to let it slow me down. Rhar!

      Delete
  2. Awesome job, lady!!! :H5: You've got the right mindset so you should still be able to maintain progress even with your bad back. And by the way, MAD PROPS for using Gary the Snail. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Gary! The back is a bit better now, I think keeping it loose by continuing to exercise actually helped. I'm having so much trouble keeping to your rule about not getting on the scale every week. WANT. WEEKLY. PROGRESS. *whimper*

      Delete
  3. Same thing always happens to me the minute I make progress. Injuries suck. But I'm sure you'll get right back on track as soon as you help. Congrats on all the progress you've made thus far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still trucking, I refuse to get off my workout schedule now that I've got it up to a consistent five times a week. Scottish stubbornness is a good thing sometimes...

      Delete