A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Status Report: .4 lbs. lost, 62 lbs. total



Boing!

I gained 1.5 last week and lost 2 this week – resulting in the “boing!” effect of boomeranging up and bouncing back down, which results in very little cumulative loss over the past two weeks.  Also, obviously, I hid like a yellow bellied coward and didn’t post a status report last week instead of fessing up to the gain.  As Ted wisely told me, people reading this deserve and need to know about the missteps because… well… everybody has them, they’re a part of the journey and we all need to know it’s not the end of the road (or the world).

To be honest I’ve been feeling pretty uneasy of late.  My appetite is large and relentless, forcing me to live with constant, stomach-growling hunger for between three and seven hours each waking day.  This has been resulting in a few days each week where I blow right past my 1,200 calorie goal and shoot up between 1,600 and 1,800 instead – not a total disaster, just not where I want to be.  I haven’t found a solution for it.  The depressing truth is if you’re going to keep your body in a state of constant weight loss for months and months on end, it’s going to respond by making you want to eat more so that you stop doing what it incorrectly perceives as starving to death.  I’ve considered begging my doctor for an appetite suppressant but I’m just so scared of them, when people have bad reactions to them it tends to be heart damage.

In better news there was a much happier reason for gain last week than just succumbing to hunger: I took a trip to upper state New York to see my niece’s horn recital at her college, which led me to reverse engineer a healthier recipe for the fried Brussels sprouts I ate at the New York Wine & Culinary Center while there.  We won’t discuss the gnocchi with pesto cream sauce… *ahem*

I'll be posting the recipe tomorrow as soon as I finish typing it up!

Mmm... tasty car...

No comments:

Post a Comment