· 1 large red onion, chopped
· 4 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
· 1 tablespoon ground cumin
· 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
· ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· ¼ teaspoon black pepper
· 2 teaspoons kosher salt
· 2 14-ounce cans of Hunts fire-roasted diced tomatoes
· 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
· 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
· Sour cream and tortilla chips, for serving
In a slow cooker, combine the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Add the tomatoes (and their liquid), beans, sweet potato, and 1 cup water.
Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve the chili with the sour cream and tortilla chips.