A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Can Do This

Today is going to be the first day I consciously eat 25 grams of fat or LESS!

I’ve tabulated breakfast and lunch, and I’m at 12 grams right now – I have thirteen left just for dinner.

I can do this I can do this!

Yesterday I was laid low by Indian Food, which I adore – unfortunately even the vegetable dishes are made with things like clarified butter and coconut milk. I was trying to tabulate for lunch and I eventually just gave up, which led to a downward spiral toward dinner since I figured the day was ‘blown’ already – so why keep trying?

I seem to wake up ready and raring to go – I get through breakfast and lunch in control and feeling good. And then when night falls I turn into a weak willed dietary gremlin in search of salt, sugar, fat and grease. Unfortunately since I live with two thin, high metabolism males – these things are readily available to me when I’m at my most vulnerable.

Last night I had fruit and vegetable soup readily available to me – and I still ate potato chips and a devil dog anyway. My frustration knows no bounds.

A plan is needed to combat this effect somehow. Taping my mouth shut after 7PM is tempting, but probably wouldn’t be reasonable in the long term. Would it..?

I adore food, I adore pretty much everything about it. But some days I wish I could take a pill that fulfilled all of my nutritional requirements so that I didn’t have to try to figure out what (and what not) to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment