A journey in words...

Welcome to my journey in words! A story about health, exercise, weight loss, food addiction, humor, size discrimination, sarcasm, social commentary and all the rest that’s rattling around inside my head...

I now twit, er... or tweet. Anyway, you can follow me on twitter @Aeon1202

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Is There A Secret?

Here’s the thing; no carbs. You avoid all carbs and you’ll be thin.

Here’s the thing; no fat. You avoid all fat and you’ll be thin.

Here’s the thing; no sugar. You avoid all sugar and you’ll be thin.

Here’s the thing; no meat. You avoid all meat and you’ll be thin.

Recently I was talking to a friend about my 20 grams of fat or less per day diet plan and he was quick to tell me I had it all wrong, sugar was my enemy. If I cut absolutely all sugar from my diet I’d finally attain the goals I wanted.

My response was more or less “get in line”.

I feel like I’m working my way through every trick in the book, and I’m about ready to eat the book itself.

Or I could try all of them at once but then… I have a feeling there wouldn’t be anything to eat at all. That would work of course, but not in a good way.

The problem isn’t actually that they don’t work, they do work. But some of them *cough*Atkins*cough* are seriously unhealthy. And some of them, like Ornish’s 20 grams of fat or less per day, aren’t satisfying in the long term.

So for me, the problem is that nothing has been sustainable. After a bit of time passes I get worn out from feeling hungry all the time, or dying for a bite of sugar or fat and getting only celery. And I fail.

Since the alternative is turning into a big gigantic side show freak I’m still trying of course.

So… weight loss attempt #415: eat small amounts of calories many times per day rather than few large meals. I’m attempting this one because danger comes with hunger, maybe if I don’t let myself get really hungry – I won’t binge.

I’m going on vacation tomorrow and will be away until next week – so I probably won’t be paying huge amounts of attention to what I’m eating. However I should have a status update on how this one is going once I really get into it upon my return home. Today was pretty good I think – I just ate my 135 calorie late afternoon snack (toast round with spreadable low calorie cheese).

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! I can plan my day and follow it to a "T". When I get home, I start to binge. I don't have much advise as I am still trying to overcome this. But what helps a little is to have dinner already prepared, so all I would need to do is heat it up and eat. I also tried coming into the house and going to the bathroom first and brushing my teeth. Who wants to eat something with sweet smelling breath. ME!

    ReplyDelete