Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 large peeled & cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 small peeled & cubed butternut squash
- 1 medium peeled & diced onion
- 1 cup peeled & diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 5 cups chicken broth (enough to cover all ingredients)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Toss sweet potatoes & squash in 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2) Bake sweet potatoes & squash @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
3) Dice onion, carrots & celery in a food processor.
4) Sautee onion, carrots & celery in the oil until tender.
5) Add squash, sweet potatoes & broth.
6) Bring to a boil, reduce heat and then simmer covered for 40 minutes.
7) Add seasonings and blend with immersion blender until smooth.